Saturday, September 10, 2011

Simbolo

Physical Symbols.

In the organizational theory, importance is based on symbols as they can represent so much more that just the brand or the company.

There are several kinds of physical symbols.

Buildings, brand logos, artifacts, emblems, and even flags.

Buildings are often built with such grandeur and height to create an image of power, wealth, and superiority over the competition. Brand names define products and can make or break the success of the company wielding the name. Artifacts, such as swords, carrying the family crest can represent an entire clan, flags represent countries and organizations.

Although for this blog, I'd like to focus on a symbol which I am sure everyone is very familiar with. The Cross.

What comes to mind when you see the crucifix? Jesus? His death? His resurrection?

Well anyway, this symbol has quite an enormous amount of personal significance to me. For me this not only represents what Jesus did for the whole world, but specifically, this reminds me of the choice he made to die for me. The cross reminds me of the sacrifice he made to set the people of this world free from sin.  The cross is also a reminder of the victory Christ won.

2 comments:

  1. The cross is the biggest and most evident symbol for us Christians. I really appreciate how it was used as an example because to me, it is one of the biggest symbols that not only represent what Christ has done for me but who he continues to be in my life after he died and rose again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really sucked into your different views on things. I myself haven't thought of the Cross being a symbol for us Christians until I read your post. Truly symbols can appear in any form. Keep up the good work with your blogs ! Looking forward to your next entry ! :)

    ReplyDelete